Peter Hennes Resume
Georgia State University School of Music 1982-1988
- Jazz Theory (all levels)
- Jazz Improvisation (all levels)
- Small Ensembles
- Jazz Guitar Labs
- Private lessons in Jazz guitar
- Private lessons in electric bass
The content of all courses was written by me, and I founded both the Bachelor's and Master's Degree Jazz Guitar programs at GSU. Besides teaching at the college level, I have instructed many private guitar and bass students of all levels in my home studio for thirty years.
- 1979-Current – Several thousand live jobs of all sorts – Wedding and corporate event bands, Rock bands, Jazz bands, Country bands, Fusion bands, and more.
- 1988-Current - Studio Musician – played on thousands of regional, national, and international commercials on all types of guitars, bass, banjo, dobro, mandolin, lap steel, and anything else the producers asked for, as well as several albums.
- 2002-2016 – Leader of the Peter Hennes Orchestra – one of Chicago’s top wedding and corporate event bands.
Live Performance - Singers and Groups
Live Performance Experience – Broadway Shows, Trade Shows, and Other
I studied with Peter at Georgia State University. Peter was not only a wonderful person but a great musician. He even subbed on bass guitar with our band Pryme Tyme in Atlanta from time to time. If it was not for Peter I would have never made it to the next level. I have always made my living as a musician/educator and feel lucky to be able to call Peter a friend. If you have the opportunity to study with Peter, do it! You will be glad that you did. – Trey Brewer Director of Guitar St. Johns County Center for the Arts, St. Augustine Florida